If you have decided that you want to undergo some form of hormone-replacement therapy because of low GH (growth hormone) levels, you might ask why you should choose Sermorelin rather than hGH itself.
Anyone that has participated in an hGH protocol for 6 months or more should consider switching to Sermorelin, if only to stimulate pituitary activity. Remember that when you artificially manipulate your GH and hence IGF-1 levels using hGH therapy, the pituitary does not need to work as hard because GH and IGF-1 levels in the blood remain elevated. Extended periods of pituitary inactivity could eventually lead to atrophy of the pituitary gland. Sermorelin therapy would be a good way of allowing the pituitary gland to recover and restore normal functionality while still retaining elevated GH and IGF-1 levels.
Most patients who are interested in participating in sermorelin therapy have educated themselves and understand the benefits an anti-aging Growth Hormone “HGH” therapy program. It is important to understand that Sermorelin is also a GH-based, IGF-1 stimulating therapy without the negative side effects and costs associated with HGH replacement therapy.
The primary differences between hGH therapy and Sermorelin therapy are described below.
With hGH therapy, the introduction of bioidentical hGH into the bloodstream manipulates the amount of circulating GH. The more hGH is administered, the higher the resulting IGF-1 levels will be. It is important to understand that increasingly high levels of hGH or IGF-1 do not constitute more benefits; on the contrary! You must administer the exact dose determined by your physician based on your medical profile and file characteristics. Excessive doses of hGH could lead to unwanted side effects. If you are currently undergoing hGH therapy and are interested in higher dosages, you should discuss this openly and honestly with your prescribing physician. It is critical that there is an open dialog to ensure that your program is successful and healthy, with little to no negative side effects.
With sermorelin therapy, the introduction of sermorelin into the bloodstream stimulates the production and secretion of endogenous GH from the pituitary gland. If a patient has a well-functioning pituitary gland, then promoting this overproduction of GH will result in health benefits that mirror those of an hGH-based program. Possible benefits of selecting sermorelin over hGH are as follows:
• Endogenous GH production is regulated by a feedback mechanism that shuts down production when circulating levels are too high. Because sermorelin stimulates the production of endogenous GH, the amount of GH released is subject to the same feedback mechanism to prevent levels getting too high and thereby avoiding side effects.
• Because sermorelin induces the production of endogenous GH, the resulting hormone is released in a pulsatile manner, as happens naturally.
• Although it produces results and benefits that mirror those of a traditional hGH protocol, sermorelin therapy can be significantly less expensive, as much as ⅓ to 50% less costly than a traditional hGH protocol, which can cost from $1,000 to as much as $1,500 a month.
• With hGH therapy, your body stops producing endogenous GH when IGF-1 levels are too high, which can eventually cause atrophy and dysfunction of the pituitary gland, Sermorelin rejuvenates and reactivates the pituitary gland by stimulating the production and secretion of endogenous GH.
Below is a list of just some of the benefits that can be expected from a GH-based therapy such as Sermorelin within around 4-6 months:
• Reduction of body fat around the stomach
• Increased lean muscle mass
• Increased energy
• Increased immune function
• Enhanced sexual performance
• Increased cardiac output
• Improved skin elasticity
• Disappearance of wrinkles
• Reduction in the appearance of cellulite
• Improved vision
• Increased memory retention
• Improved sleep quality
• Increased exercise performance
• Expedited wound healing
• Lower blood pressure
• Reduced cholesterol levels
• Increased bone mass and rigidity